Pages

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Dalbe

On Sunday, during our leaving Grenoble barbecue, I was given a gift voucher for Dalbe by my wife's boss. Dalbe (as I found out) is an art shop here in France and so yesterday evening me and my wife wandered down to our local one to have a look-see. 

This is the bag we came out with:
Most of the contents are for a particular project which I'll get to later (hopefully this week), but I also picked up a magnet kit which I put together this morning.

Following the nice French instructions, I managed to make us a magnet to remember our time here in Grenoble.

I began by cutting out the guide for the design, and taping it to the table so it didn't move. Then the first sticky sheet was laid sticky-side-up on top of that. 
 Then it was time to begin laying out the mosaic tiles
Until all the tiles had been laid and I put the second sticky sheet sticky-side-down on top
The next step was the trickiest as it required me to flip the mosaic upside down and remove the first sticky sheet. Unfortunately the tiles liked that sheet more and were reluctant to come off this first sheet so it took a little while and some repositioning to get the sheet off.
But, it did happen! And then I could stick the mosaic to the magnet, yay
After flipping the magnet back over and pressing down the tiles to make sure they were stuck securely to the magnet, the second sticky sheet came off and our magnet went onto the fridge.
There you go, one Grenobloise-esque magnet :D
           
       

No comments:

Post a Comment